Our websites and the services we provide on them, such as selling products:
We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Applicable Legislation”). This policy is effective from March 21, 2023.
2. Are you younger than 16 years old?
If you are under the age of 16, you cannot use our websites and services without the permission of a parent or guardian.
3. Personal Data
To provide our websites and services, we process personal and non-personal data. Personal data includes all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person, as defined in the Applicable Legislation. Non-personal data includes information that does not reveal your identity, such as anonymous, aggregated or anonymized data.
4. Legal Basis for Data Collection
We may collect and process your data at different times. We do this:
- When you visit our websites
- When you accept cookies
- When you create an account
- When you use a service such as purchasing a product
- When you contact us
The legal basis for our data processing may be:
- The necessity to perform the agreement between you and us
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Your consent
- Our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party
- A legal obligation to share personal data.
We do not receive or process personal data from external parties.
5. What data do we collect and why?
When you use our websites and/or services, we need data from you. We process this data for various purposes such as processing your payment, contacting you when necessary, delivering goods to you, pre- and post-sales services, using your account, improving our services, for marketing purposes, and for all other business/commercial purposes. Personal data we collect includes:
- Address details
- Phone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Payment details
- Shipping address
- Reference number
For some services, we may require additional data (e.g. B2B or business orders):
- Company name
- Business type
- Chamber of Commerce number
- VAT number
- Login details
When using our websites and services, we may collect and process the following non-personal data:
- Browser type
- Operating system you use
- Internet provider
- Website behaviour
6. Data Security
The personal data is stored on secure servers owned by Illumade B.V. or a third party. We will not combine this data with any other personal data we may have. We use security procedures and both technical and physical limitations for access to and use of the personal data on our servers.
Only authorized personnel have access to personal data for the purpose of carrying out their duties. In addition, in some cases, the information may be shared internally. Our employees are required to respect the confidentiality of your data.
7. How long do we keep your data?
8. Who do we share your data with?
We will not share your personal data with third parties, except when necessary for the provision of our services. In some cases, we use external service providers, for example, for processing payments, delivering orders, or sending newsletters. These service providers only have access to the personal data that is necessary for their tasks and are required to protect and treat this data confidentially.
8.1 Data processors and other business partners
We may share your data with data processors and third parties who are not processors but provide services related to the use of our websites and services. We make clear agreements with these parties about the use and protection of personal data. For example, we may share your data with IT service providers, marketing platforms, advertising platforms, payment platforms, and consumer review platforms. They may store and visualize data, process transactions, and perform marketing activities. Data processors and other business partners may include:
- DHL: For the delivery of an order, we use the services of DHL. For this, it is necessary to share name, address, and city information with DHL. This information is only used for executing the agreement. When DHL uses subcontractors, data is also made available to these parties.
8.2 Others, for legal reasons
We may share data with others for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes. We may also share personal information if we believe it is required by applicable laws and regulations.
8.3 Others, with your consent
9. Transfer of personal data
The data we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA), or in countries with an adequate level of protection including the United Kingdom. Some of our (external) partners are based in the United States. Accepting cookies may result in data being transferred to the United States.
10. External links
We use 3 types of cookies. Cookies are text files that are stored on your device or browser when you visit our website. On a subsequent visit, this data is sent back to the server. This allows the server to recognize your device or browser. We use this information to keep track of how you use the website, to prepare reports on website activity, and to offer other services related to website activity and internet usage. Types of cookies on our websites:
- Analytical cookies: These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our websites are used or to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. These cookies also help us to adjust the websites and thus improve your user experience.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow your surfing behavior to be monitored by advertising networks, so that we can show ads based on your interests and surfing behavior. These cookies also perform functions that prevent the same ad from appearing continuously.
Illumade B.V. may also use techniques that are similar to cookies. For example, tracking pixels, flash cookies, Java scripts, and tags. We classify all these techniques under the term Cookies.
We use the Facebook pixel, Pinterest Pixel, Bing advertisement pixel, and Google AdWords remarketing pixel to measure the conversion of our ads on social media. For general website analysis, we use Google Analytics.
By storing cookies, we ensure, for example, that:
- Your items are saved in the shopping cart
- You can shop safely at Illumade B.V.
- Our websites work efficiently
- We can test website improvements
You can change the cookie settings in your browser if you do not want cookies to be sent to your device. Please note that some website functions may not work properly without cookies.
12. Rights of data subjects under the GDPR
- You have the right to request access to the data we process about you;
- You can request us to correct, update, block or delete data about you in our records;
- You can request a copy of the data we have processed about you. We may – at your request – send this copy to another party;
- You can lodge a complaint against the processing of your personal data;
- You can lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) if you believe that we are processing your data unlawfully;
- You can always withdraw your consent to process your personal data. In that case, we will no longer process your data for the purpose for which consent is required.
To ensure that the request for access is made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identification document with the request. In this copy, please black out your photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number, and social security number (BSN). We do not need that information.
13. Modifications to privacy statement
14. Contact information
8935 DG Leeuwarden
Chamber of Commerce number: 60513942
+31 85 401 9637